Simulator freezes when loading at an airport
If Microsoft Flight Simulator freezes before or while loading in the airport we suggest you perform the following steps (PC only) -
- Delete any rolling cache.
- Delete the Content.xml file.
Steam: "%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator/content.xml"
- Delete the simulator .dat files (AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)
- Do not add anything to the Community folder
Reload the simulator and try to launch the airport location again. If you are experiencing trouble after performing this please follow the next steps:
If you have manually edited the "UserCfg.opt" settings file to increase your LOD distance (LoDFactor), try to lower this and check if it helps. Asobo restrict this setting to max at 2.0 (200) by increasing it further manually, you are doing so at your own risk and without certainty of how it impacts the simulator behind the scenes. At locations where objects are dense and abundant, the impacts of this change will become more significant. Hopefully more granular control over draw distance will be officially implemented in the next update.
If you still cannot load at an airport, the following may help and seems to be a common bug across varying airports:
- Start a nearby airport to the one you want to depart from
- As soon as the flight loads, return to the main menu
- Now start at the airport you want to fly from
If you still are experiencing issues, please get in touch and clarify which of these methods you have already attempted and provide as much information as possible.